Sunday, September 18, 2011

Week 4 Reflection

One comment to the EDLD 5301 discussion board this week inspired me to further clarify what I am measuring in my action research plan.
Since I decided on my action research plan, I have been very focused on exactly how to quantitatively measure communication, collaboration, and work ethic and working on rubrics that I will use during my observations.
A fellow students post this week stressed the importance of defining these terms as well to further set clear expectations for the research.
My source for definitions will be the Manor ISD school board definitions that were created for the "Essential 5" initiative this year to help develop and sustain 21st Century classrooms.
I will use the following definitions:
Communication
The process of effectively sharing and receiving information to expand understanding.
Collaboration
Learning, sharing knowledge, and working together towards a common goal.
Work Ethic
The practice of producing quality work demonstrated by personal responsibility, commitment to team, and completion of tasks.

No comments:

Post a Comment